Bees Knees Honey (500g)
The source of Bees Knees honey extends way beyond the Western Cape Fynbos Area.
Our honey comes from the greater Cape Floristic Region, a macro region described by John Manning in his book “Field Guide to Fynbos” pp 10-13.
This area includes the Renosterveld, Karroid shrubland, various thicket areas stretching from the West Coast to Port Elizabeth, and forests.
Contrary to popular thinking the so-called Fynbos area is not limited to the Western Cape Coastal region.
For this reason we do not refer to our honey as Cape Fynbos, but name it multi-floral, a more accurate description, as the honey comes from a very wide variety of wild blossoms; these honeys are characterized by light and subtle flavours which accentuate sweetness instead of definitive flavours. Typically, multi-floral honeys are more fluid and present slower crystallization. See the article on the crystallization of honey. Multifloral honey is available in plastic squeeze bottles, both 500-g and 1-kg.
We also source honey from two micro regions, i.e.
(1) the Caledon area and (2) the Villiersdorp-Worcester valley, often referred to as the Honey Mecca. This honey is darker, contains larger solids, and crystallizes more rapidly. The product has a significantly higher wax content. The product is available in 500-g glass jars.
Every year we have a small number of batches of acacia honey harvested from stands of acacia trees. This honey is regarded as one of the best honey money can buy. We source raw honey from aloe: a characteristically white honey that crystallizes extremely rapidly; second to acacia honey on the quality scale.
Bees Knees honey does not have orchards as its source; why not?
It is a fact that with few exceptions orchards are regularly sprayed with pesticides whose remnant elements will present in honey when these blossoms are pollinated or when hives are close to orchards.
Quality Assurance info:
• Every batch of Bees Knees honey is tested by independent laboratories and conforms to all the requirements set by the SABS, CPA and religious councils; the product is raw and contains no allergens, because filling does not take place in factories where fish, nuts, dairy or other allergenic substances are processed.
• The multi-floral product has a unique consistency, which stems not from refining, but from careful settling procedure: some batches are kept in settling tanks for extended periods.
• Every jar is individually inspected before packaging takes place.
• We offer a comprehensive laboratory test report on every consignment we deliver.
Suplements & Nutrition
We believe in Supplementation and the extreme imperatives of “clean products” no fillers, no binders and especially NO HARMFUL INGREDIENTS